October 7, 2019
President Felicia Hopkins called the meeting to order at 7:05 PM.
Members present: Lloyd Murdoch, Ken Carter, Felicia Hopkins, Franklin Bennek, Sheri Welch, and Librarian Rebecca Fasulo.
Minutes of the previous meeting: Minutes from the July 8th meeting were read. A motion was made by Lloyd Murdoch and seconded by Ken Carter to accept the minutes. The motion was carried with all in favor.
Treasurer’s Report: The treasurer’s report was read and discussed. Treasurer Lloyd Murdoch shared that we continue to be under budget. A motion was made by Ken Carter and seconded by Sheri Welch to approve all paid bills. A motion was made by Franklin Bennek and seconded by Ken Carter to accept the treasurer’s report. The motion was carried with all in favor.
Librarian’s Report: The Librarian’s report was presented with highlights as follows:
- 25 programs have been held with total attendance of 355
- Sept. sessions at CCS for student library card signups were successful.
See attachment for complete librarian’s report
A motion was made by Lloyd Murdoch and seconded by Ken Carter to accept the librarian’s report. The motion was carried with all in favor.
1. National Voter Registration Day 9/24/19 – two representatives from the League of Women Voters came to help people and answered questions. They left a few forms in case anyone needs to register.
2. Wooden Display Unit – this unit downstairs still needs to be removed.
3. Minimum Standard changes – Jack Scott from SALS has been helping to update our website. As soon as that change goes live we will be able to upload the policies and other information that will be required to be online. We will need to do our strategic plan differently with community input and goals that are more concretely measured. SALS will help with this (probably in the spring).
1. NYLA – is looking to get more library participation by offering bulk organizational memberships to Library Systems. If SALS decides to do this each library in our system could also buy in at a discounted rate. Becky currently buys an individual membership which would then be pro-rated into our organizational membership. Our cost would be approximately $75. Becky shared that this is a great opportunity and we may be asked to join in Jan/Feb 2020.
2. Shoveling – Lloyd Murdoch will check with Dan Mills to shovel.
3. Correspondence – Discussed elevator maintenance, don’t need it. Discussed buying an aerial print of Corinth, don’t need it.
Adjournment: The motion was made by Franklin Bennek and seconded by Sheri Welch with all in favor to adjourn the meeting at 8:01 PM.
Next two meetings: Dec. 2, Jan. 6