President Felicia Hopkins called the meeting to order at 7:06 PM.
Members present: Lloyd Murdoch, Jane Pingelski, Felicia Hopkins, Franklin Bennek, Sheri Welch, Cathy Lozier, Catherine Bailey, and Librarian Rebecca Fasulo.
Minutes of the previous meeting: Minutes from the June 1st special meeting were read. A motion was made by Sheri Welch and seconded by Franklin Bennek to accept the minutes. The motion was carried with all in favor.
Treasurer’s Report: The treasurer’s report was read and discussed. A motion was made by Jane Pingelski and seconded by Lloyd Murdoch to approve all paid bills. A motion was made by Lloyd Murdoch and seconded by Sheri Welch to accept the treasurer’s report. The motion was carried with all in favor.
Librarian’s Report: The Librarian’s report was presented with highlights as follows:
- Phase two of pandemic safety plan for reopening is going smoothly
- Summer Reading Program will go on with modifications
See attachment for complete librarian’s report
A motion was made by Cathy Lozier and seconded by Franklin Bennek to accept the librarian’s report. The motion was carried with all in favor.
1. Census: There is still time to encourage people to fill out the Census if they have not done so.
2. Farm2Library: No news.
3. Harriet Hawley Miller Trust: All paperwork was submitted. No news.
4. Pandemic: Smooth start to curbside/sidewalk pickup (phase 2).
- Becky and Michael are working on ideas to increase circulation: book bundles, photos of new items online, virtual services are also still being used.
- Keys for 2 board members (Lloyd and Cathy) have been given out, instructions and extra keys are here as well.
- Building inspector measured our occupancy, which is 36.
- Supplies update: Plexiglas is back ordered and due in either 7/7 or 7/14; we will need more liquid hand soap eventually.
- We received recommendations from JA regarding cleaning & disinfecting of PCs. They recommend keyboard covers. We can try using liquid (not gel) hand sanitizer if rubbing alcohol is still scarce.
- There are ongoing discussions regarding building air circulation/ventilation and virus spread. UV filtration is recommended on HVAC systems.
- Our insurance agent was contacted regarding our reopening plan. All is good.
- The WIFI lawn sign from Debbie Stollery is out front. A thank you was sent.
- Becky asked the board to allow her to make changes to the Pandemic Safety Plan as needed.
A motion was made by Lloyd Murdoch and seconded by Cathy Lozier to authorize the Library Director to make changes to the Pandemic Safety Plan as needed. The motion was carried with all in favor.
1. Bedrock Mason Worx: Lloyd Murdoch shared quotes for work on the ramp and other cement work that needs to be done. After a brief discussion a motion was made by Franklin Bennek and seconded by Sheri Welch to authorize up to $13,000 to be used from one of the CDs to make repairs on the ramp and front of the building and to authorize Lloyd Murdoch to use his judgement in deciding what repairs are to be made and obtain a guarantee from the contractor for completed work.
2. Street Number: Presently there is no street number on the front of the building. One will be added.
3. Age Friendly Saratoga County: County is looking to get certified as such by AARP. This would benefit agencies in the county (including us) and make some grants easier to get.
- Survey is available till September. Everyone in the county is encouraged to do the survey. It takes about 15-20 minutes.
Adjournment: The motion was made by Lloyd Murdoch and seconded by Cathy Bailey with all in favor to adjourn the meeting at 8:22 PM.
Next two meetings: Oct 5, Dec. 7