ARTICLE I ‐‐ Purpose
The Corinth Free Library is committed to maintaining an environment where members of the Corinth Free Library and any employees are free to raise good faith concerns regarding the Corinth Free Library’s business practices, including but not limited to:
- Reporting suspected violations of law;
- Providing truthful information in connection with an inquiry or investigation by a court, agency, law enforcement, or other governmental body; and
- Identifying actual or potential violations of the Corinth Free Library’s bylaws and policies.
ARTICLE II ‐‐ Reporting a Violation
Members of the Corinth Free Library’s board of trustees and employees should raise concerns with, and report violations to the Corinth Free Library President or Director. If the concerns are with or about either of those parties, the individual should address concerns to any member of the Board of Trustees. This Whistleblower Policy shall not apply to allegations made with reckless disregard for their accuracy. People making such allegations may be subject to disciplinary action by Corinth Free Library.
ARTICLE III ‐‐ No Retaliation
- The Corinth Free Library expressly prohibits any form of retaliation, including harassment, intimidation, adverse employment actions, or any other form of retaliation, against any member or employee who raises suspected violations of law, cooperates in inquiries or investigations, or identifies potential violations of the Corinth Free Library’s policies or bylaws. Any member who engages in retaliation will be subject to discipline, up to and including termination or removal.
- Any members of the Corinth Free Library board or employees who believes that they have been subjected to any form of retaliation as a result of reporting a suspected violation of law or policy should immediately report the retaliation to the Corinth Free Library Board President or Director. If the concerns are with or about either of those parties, the individual should address concerns to any member of the Board.
ARTICLE IV ‐‐ Investigation
1. Reports of suspected violations of law, or Corinth Free Library’s bylaws or policy and reports of retaliation will be investigated promptly and in a manner intended to protect confidentiality, consistent with a full and fair investigation. The Corinth Free Library President or Director will conduct or designate other internal or external parties to conduct the investigations. The investigating parties will notify the concerned individuals of their findings, and prepare other reports as indicated by the circumstances. A summary of all such reports will be presented to the Corinth Free Library Board of Trustees.
2. In the event that a report of a suspected violation of law or policy or retaliation involves the Corinth Free Library President or Director, the Board of Trustees will conduct the investigation, or designate a third party to conduct the investigation.
ARTICLE V ‐‐ Confidentiality
Violations or suspected violations may be submitted on a confidential basis by the complainant or may be submitted anonymously. Reports of violations or suspected violations will be kept confidential to the extent possible, consistent with the need to conduct an adequate investigation.