Our re-opening plan includes a phased approach to returning to normal library service. As we all know, anything can change at any time so our plans may change as well.
The library is still closed to the public. Currently staff are hard at work in the building to prepare for re-opening by cleaning, processing returns, processing new items, taking phone calls, taking care of administrative tasks, working on getting the building ready for public access, re-organizing and working out logistics of quarantining returned materials, learning new procedures, and working at normal library tasks. Additionally, there are extensive health and safety guidelines that must be followed for the protection of our staff and patrons. Staff need to be trained on the new safety guidelines and new contactless check out procedures.
The Book Drop is open. Please bring back the books and movies you have at home. Please do not bring us donations at this time! We cannot manage donations right now.
Returns will be quarantined for 72 hours before being checked in. The courier service is not running between libraries yet, and will need to move tens of thousands of items back to their home libraries, so interlibrary loan services won’t be back to normal for a while.
Starting Monday, June 22 (See below for our modified hours)
Curbside service will open. The public will NOT be admitted into the building.
All returns will still go into the drop boxes for quarantine.
Remember that the courier isn’t running, so we can only get you the items we have on hand.
- You may request books and movies using the online catalog or by calling the library (518-654-6913).
- In the online catalog, click on the availability box next to the title of the book you looked up. If Corinth is listed and the book is in – we should be able to get it for you.
- Once we have filled your request, we will call you to check out the items to you. Do we have a current phone number for you? Have your card handy, we will need that number.
- We will arrange a pickup time and method. Face masks will be required and social distancing will be maintained. You must have your library card or photo ID with you when you pick up your materials.
- For porch / sidewalk pickup, please knock or call (518-654-6913) when you get here.
- For touchless car delivery, call us when you get here and open your trunk.
- Please check to make sure you have the correct items before you leave.
Curbside Service Hours Beginning June 22
Monday from 1pm to 4pm and 7pm to 8pm
Tuesday from 11am to 3pm
Thursday from 12 noon to 4pm
Friday from 10am to 2pm
Saturday from 11am to 2pm
We are excited about being able to provide curbside pickup, but must make sure we do this in a safe manner for staff and public. This includes having enough PPE in stock.
We recognize that it has been a long wait for everyone, but the health and safety of our patrons and staff is of utmost importance. Thank you for your patience and support. We are looking forward to providing service to you once again.
Please call the library if you have any questions (518-654-6913). If we can’t take your call leave a message that includes your name and phone number and we will get back to you as soon as possible.